Head of Finance & Controlling (Germany)
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
At Hyphe, above all we’re working to increase access to financial markets. Helping extend the hand of welcome to many more traders. We’re also happy to see the profile of a ‘trader’ start to resemble, well, everyone really.
Right now, the spotlight is on digital currency. More and more people are enjoying their first exposure to trading via digital assets. It just so happens to be an asset class close to our hearts, a technology we adopted early. So naturally we’re focussed on helping banks and retail trading platforms meet the demand.
As our Head of Finance & Controlling, you’ll work closely with the CFO to shape the finance organisation of an audited FinTech company, currently applying for a securities trading licence (under the ‘Wertpapierinstitutsgesetz’) with the German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (ʼBaFinʼ).
The rise of digital assets is happening all around us, from digital currency trading to digital security tokens. Consumers are interested in buying and investing, while businesses rush to meet the demand and predict the future. It seems certain that blockchain technology will impact every sector of the economy - none more so than financial services.
Regulated financial institutions need help to enter this new world of digital assets. The lack of unified standards, the hassle of integrating with cryptocurrency exchanges, the risk profile and limited client service - all this points to another way. That’s where Hyphe comes in. The Hyphe Group provides the access point and liquidity necessary for institutional clients to buy and sell digital assets, so they can deliver new and exciting services for their millions of customers.
The company is at an exciting growth stage, as the platform draws attention from institutions all across Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Local responsibility for the Accounting & Controlling department of a medium-sized German securities institution
- Deputy management tasks for this department
- Analysis of regulatory requirements
- Preparation of the required reports according to Section 5 WpIG, among others, as well as proper securing of the required levies, contributions, etc.
- Performing accounts receivable accounting, cost accounting and asset accounting in a quality-assured manner
- Together with the tax consultant, preparation of corporate and trade tax returns and handling of tax inquiries and matters
- Preparation of the overall balance sheet and P&L, the notes to the financial statements, as well as the management report and support of the CFO for the consolidated financial statements
- Preparation of (consolidated) financial statements for the German entity , including Notes (Anhang) and Management Report (Lagebericht)
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and semi-annual financial statements
- Forecasting and planning of liquidity for the German entity
- Implementation and further development of reporting, consolidation and reporting software
- Main point of contact for accounting (HGB)
- Financial controlling & internal reporting (target/actual) to management
- Contact person for the audit department
- Project work
- Division-related specialist tasks, such as preparation and implementation of the budget process and quantitative business planning
- Implementation of tasks from the IT specialist responsibility for responsible applications
- Performance of overarching specialist tasks
- In close cooperation with the CFO, you will analyse deviations between actual and planned figures and prepare analyses and comments on results on a monthly basis
What you bring
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related disciplines with a focus on Accounting, Controlling, relevant Audit or similar
- 5 years or more professional experience in a responsible finance & controlling function in the finance sector or financial services-related team of a Big 4 firm
- Proven HGB skills
- Sound expertise in bank financial accounting and taxation
- Balance sheet accounting
- Legal knowledge (minimum requirements for risk management/ MaRisk, tax law, HGB, KWG, WpIG, banking supervision and statistics)
- Strong MS Office skills, in particular Excel
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills
- Native German and fluency in English are required
What you can expect in return
- Competitive salary
- Tight team of experienced professionals with a low-friction working style
- Flexible / remote working
- Exciting category
- All the opportunity to grow and succeed with the company
Hyphe provides financial institutions with easy-access digital asset liquidity. Operating a proprietary liquidity pool, accessed via API, Hyphe provides retail banks, brokers, asset managers and trading firms with deep liquidity across a range of digital assets, enabling their customers to invest and trade hassle-free.
Ultimately, Hyphe is working to increase access to financial markets and broaden the profile of a trader to include everyone. We’re excited to help shape the change in financial institutions, but equally excited to see how people - our clients' customers - are using digital assets to reshape their own lives
Please send a CV to [email protected]