Group Finance Director
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
At Hyphe, above all we’re working to increase access to financial markets. Helping extend the hand of welcome to many more traders. We’re also happy to see the profile of a ‘trader’ start to resemble, well, everyone really.
Right now, the spotlight is on digital currency. More and more people are enjoying their first exposure to trading via digital assets. It just so happens to be an asset class close to our hearts, a technology we adopted early. So naturally we’re focussed on helping banks and retail trading platforms meet the demand.
The rise of digital assets is happening all around us, from digital currency trading to digital security tokens. Consumers are interested in buying and investing, while businesses rush to meet the demand and predict the future. It seems certain that blockchain technology will impact every sector of the economy - none more so than financial services.
Regulated financial institutions need help to enter this new world of digital assets. The lack of unified standards, the hassle of integrating with cryptocurrency exchanges, the risk profile and limited client service - all this points to another way. That’s where Hyphe comes in. We provide the access point and liquidity necessary for institutional clients to buy and sell digital assets, so they can deliver new and exciting services for their millions of customers.
As our Group Finance Director, you’ll work closely with the CFO to shape the finance organisation of an audited FinTech company regulated by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB).
The company is at an exciting growth stage, as the platform draws attention from institutions all across Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Improve financial procedures
- Lead liquidity management processes
- Together with our founders and leadership team, manage business planning, capital, and operational budgeting processes; and provide financial analysis for growth strategy
- Focus on the Dutch head office and liaise closely with the German (regulated) subsidiary in Munich
- Collaborate closely with the risk management team
- Report to external investors
- Plan (monthly) financial reporting
- Coordinate external audits
- Keep abreast of developments in the category, always looking for opportunities to professionalise the company
- Help boost the company through your own channels
What you bring
- English fluent; international mindset
- 8+ years of relevant finance experience in scaling finance and controlling teams in a fast-paced environment, preferably in a dynamic Tech or Financial Services company
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A strategic head, but hands-on approach
What you can expect in return
- Competitive salary
- Tight team of experienced professionals with a low-friction working style
- Flexible / remote working
- Exciting category
- All the opportunity to grow and succeed with the company
Hyphe provides financial institutions with easy-access digital asset liquidity. Operating a proprietary liquidity pool, accessed via API, Hyphe provides retail banks, brokers, asset managers and trading firms with deep liquidity across a range of digital assets, enabling their customers to invest and trade hassle-free.
Ultimately, Hyphe is working to increase access to financial markets and broaden the profile of a trader to include everyone. We’re excited to help shape the change in financial institutions, but equally excited to see how people - our clients' customers - are using digital assets to reshape their own lives
Please send a CV to [email protected]