Chief Operating Officer (Amsterdam)
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
At Hyphe, above all we’re working to increase access to financial markets. Helping extend the hand of welcome to many more traders. We’re also happy to see the profile of a ‘trader’ start to resemble, well, everyone really.
Right now, the spotlight is on digital currency. More and more people are enjoying their first exposure to trading via digital assets. It just so happens to be an asset class close to our hearts, a technology we adopted early. So naturally we’re focussed on helping banks and retail trading platforms meet the demand.
As our Chief Operating Officer, you will play a vital role in shaping and overseeing the systems, processes and people necessary to underpin our business operations. You will work closely with the company's Board of Directors and shareholders to ensure that our organisation is in compliance with all regulations set forth by the Dutch Central Bank (DNB).
Regulated financial institutions need help to enter this new world of digital assets. The lack of unified standards, the hassle of integrating with cryptocurrency exchanges, the risk profile and limited client service - all this points to another way. That’s where Hyphe comes in. We provide the access point and liquidity necessary for institutional clients to buy and sell digital assets, so they can deliver new and exciting services for their millions of customers.
The company is at an exciting growth stage, as the platform draws attention from institutions all across Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with department heads to ensure smooth and efficient operations
- Develop and implement operational strategies together with other members of the board that will help the organisation achieve its goals.
- Represent the organisation externally
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and help prepare for upcoming EU regulation (MiCAR)
- Stay informed of developments in the industry and look for opportunities to professionalise the company
- Act as a liaison between the Dutch head office and the German subsidiary in Munich
- Help boost the company through your own networks and connections
- Manage and develop teams within the organisation, including recruiting, training, and mentoring employees
What you bring
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the financial services sector, with management experience in a regulated environment
- Preferably assessed as being 'fit and proper' by a European regulator
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Strategic thinker with a hands-on approach
- Proven leadership experience
- In-depth understanding of the financial services sector
What you can expect in return
- Competitive salary
- A tight-knit team of experienced professionals
- An office at 'B. Amsterdam' as well as flexible and remote working options
- Exciting and rapidly growing industry
- Opportunities for growth and advancement with the company
At Hyphe, we pride ourselves on providing financial institutions with easy-access digital asset liquidity. By operating a proprietary liquidity pool accessed via API, we help retail banks, brokers, asset managers and traders to buy and sell digital assets, creating new and exciting services for their customers. Join us and be part of a dynamic and innovative company at the forefront of the digital currency trading industry.
Please send a CV to [email protected]