Chief Information Security Officer & Business Continuity Manager (Germany)
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
At Hyphe, above all we’re working to increase access to financial markets. Helping extend the hand of welcome to many more traders. We’re also happy to see the profile of a ‘trader’ start to resemble, well, everyone really.
Right now, the spotlight is on digital currency. More and more people are enjoying their first exposure to trading via digital assets. It just so happens to be an asset class close to our hearts, a technology we adopted early. So naturally we’re focussed on helping banks and retail trading platforms meet the demand.
Join us as a Chief Information Security Officer & Business Continuity Manager at our Munich office and take part in shaping the future of trading security tokens and digital assets for retail banks and brokers. We are a rapidly growing B2B trading institute operating in one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing digital markets. Your expertise will be pivotal in ensuring the safety and continuity of our operations.
The rise of digital assets is happening all around us, from digital currency trading to digital security tokens. Consumers are interested in buying and investing, while businesses rush to meet the demand and predict the future. It seems certain that blockchain technology will impact every sector of the economy - none more so than financial services.
Regulated financial institutions need help to enter this new world of digital assets. The lack of unified standards, the hassle of integrating with cryptocurrency exchanges, the risk profile and limited client service - all this points to another way. That’s where Hyphe comes in. Hyphe Group provides the access point and liquidity necessary for institutional clients to buy and sell digital assets, so they can deliver new and exciting services for their millions of customers.
The company is at an exciting growth stage, as the platform draws attention from institutions all across Europe. Hyphe Markets GmbH is licensed as an Investment Firm (WpIG) in Germany.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements related to information security and business continuity according to MaRisk and BAIT.
- Prepare and manage the ISO 27001 recertification assessments.
- Review, implement, and manage Information Security Policies and standards of practice.
- Manage and maintain Incident Response and Business Continuity Plans.
- Oversee and control information security processes within the organisation and with external service providers.
- Initiate and supervise the execution of security measures and emergency actions.
- Act as a point of contact for all matters concerning information security and business continuity, both internally and externally.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the management team.
- Conduct awareness and training programs related to information security and business continuity management.
What you bring
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in (Business) Information Technology, Information Security or equivalent qualifications or comparable work experience.
- Multiple years of professional experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
- A broad skill set in information security management, e.g. risk management, compliance.
- Profound understanding of IT-Infrastructure or IT-Applications or related fields is a bonus.
- Experience with Information Security audits is a bonus.
- In-depth understanding of BSI IT-Grundschutz or ISO 2700x standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a structured way of thinking.
- Team-oriented, resilient, committed, and self-driven.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and German.
What you can expect in return
- Shape the Future: Unique opportunity to be a key player in a burgeoning industry.
- Job Security & Growth: Long-term and secure position in a rapidly growing crypto market.
- Performance-based Compensation: Attractive base salary plus a success-dependent bonus.
- Flexibility: Optional work-from-home arrangements and flexible working hours.
- Flat Hierarchies: Open communication channels and swift decision-making.
- Team Atmosphere: Work in a highly motivated and collaborative team.
- Continuous Learning: Tailored training and seminar opportunities.
Hyphe provides financial institutions with easy-access digital asset liquidity. Operating a proprietary liquidity pool, accessed via API, Hyphe provides retail banks, brokers, asset managers and trading firms with deep liquidity across a range of digital assets, enabling their customers to invest and trade hassle-free.
Ultimately, Hyphe is working to increase access to financial markets and broaden the profile of a trader to include everyone. We’re excited to help shape the change in financial institutions, but equally excited to see how people - our clients' customers - are using digital assets to reshape their own lives.
Please send a CV to [email protected]