Chief Compliance & AML Officer (DE)
During the last year digital currency trading has finally come of age. Market-cap and daily trading volumes have grown exponentially as more and more retail traders come onstream. Extensive media attention has only fuelled the trend.
For existing European financial institutions, offering customers digital currency trading simultaneously creates a new revenue stream and satisfies a growing consumer demand, especially with hard-to-reach millennials. The only issue is connecting with digital currency exchanges, which is expensive and a hassle. Using a specialised liquidity provider solves these issues.
At Hyphe, above all we’re working to increase access to financial markets. Helping extend the hand of welcome to many more traders. We’re also happy to see the profile of a ‘trader’ start to resemble, well, everyone really.
Right now, the spotlight is on digital currency. More and more people are enjoying their first exposure to trading via digital assets. It just so happens to be an asset class close to our hearts, a technology we adopted early. So naturally we’re focussed on helping banks and retail trading platforms meet the demand.
As our Chief Compliance & AML Officer (DE), you’ll have a unique opportunity to help build and expand a B2B digital currency trading institution.
Based in our Munich location, this role is key to our expansion plans, ensuring all regulatory compliance and AML functions are delivered to the level required, inc. MaRisk and central office compliance. You’ll assess the risk specific to our institution and organise and deliver any action required. You’ll continue to formalise and expand the existing regulatory framework of the Dutch parent company, creating guidelines, processes and assurance systems.
- Ultimate responsibility for Compliance & AML within the business.
- Maintain compliance with regulators and other external bodies.
- Prepare a risk monitoring plan and implement the actions to outcome.
- Assess the adequacy of procedures and controls.
- Analyse and implement any new regulatory or legal requirements (GwG, KWG, MICA, etc).
- Prepare regular reports for presentation to the management (Compliance, AML, MaRisk)and any ad hoc reporting as required.
- Monitor the controls preventing money laundering, terrorist financing and criminality, taking into account business-specific risks such as cyber crime.
- Keep abreast of compliance topics and take any necessary professional training.
- Ensure SARs are submitted correctly.
- Act as the main Compliance contact for authorities.
- Likewise act as the chief advisor on such topics for the management and employees.
What you bring
- University degree in Law.
- German native speaker; English fluent; international mindset.
- Background in Compliance (CCP) including professional training standards.
- Several years experience in a senior role within Compliance and AML; current role at least Deputy Chief Compliance / AML Officer.
- Excellent working knowledge of BaFin, legal requirements and supervisory regulation.
- Solid understanding of banking, cryptocurrency and digital currency product-specific compliance and AML risks.
- A senior voice, able to lead decision making on all matters Compliance and AML related,to deal with conflict, and to chart and communicate the best course.
- A strong team player, with impressive analytical and conceptual skills.
- You’re a self-starter keen to deploy all you’ve learned so far to a growing business.
What you can expect in return
- Competitive salary + bonus package
- Additional professional training
- Tight team of experienced professionals with a low-friction working style
- Flexible / remote working
- Exciting category
- Optimistic and future-facing company and working environment
Hyphe provides digital currency brokerage / liquidity for European financial institutions, typically retail banks and trading platforms. The founders have been operating in the digital currency space for over 7 years, prior to which they worked for large consultancies in various international roles. They bring deep experience of the interface between traditional financial institutions, digital currency exchanges and regulators. The company is currently privately-owned and regulated by DNB as a registered cryptocurrency service provider.
Please send a CV to email@example.com